Director of Development
The Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing fundraising efforts and managing strategic partnerships. The Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as VETS continues to grow by devising and implementing an annual fundraising plan, as well as engaging other institutions and foundations for grant funding and partnership opportunities. Duties include overseeing fundraising efforts, building strong and successful relationships, maintaining communications with donors and patrons, and donor focused Ambassador program support, as well as events/galas. The position involves significant teamwork and collaborative efforts with leadership, staff, volunteers, organizations, foundations, corporations, and private donors.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plan
- Follow fundraising trends in the nonprofit sector
- Oversee fundraising event planning and execution
- Directing capital campaigns and fundraising drives
- Engaging aligned organizations for partnership opportunities
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Cultivate relationships and interactions between grant recipients and donors as applicable (Ambassador Program)
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and track budgets, proposals, grants, and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Work with communications team for year-end giving campaign
- Possess proficiency in Salesforce CRM and donor database management
- Data entry and gift processing - and eventual oversight of staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Confirmation of issuance of donor acknowledgement letters and direct donor outreach for large gifts
- Communicating with donors, partners, and staff via phone, email, and social media platforms
- Coordinating with VETS grant recipients for donor outreach opportunities
- Creating solicitation materials
- Ability to work within Salesforce, Monday.com, G-Suite, Classy
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- CFRE or ACFRE certification preferred
- 5 years of fundraising leadership and management experience
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Organized and inspiring team leader.
- Strong knowledge & skill in fundraising techniques, especially major gifts
- Ability to work remotely
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
VETS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status.
VETS will not contact an applicant’s current employer unless they are listed as a reference by the applicant.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the form below.
VETS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.